Modest would be the perfect word to describe Microsoft’s current sales for its Surface RT tablets. In an interview with the French newspaper LeParisien, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer admits that the Surface RT sales so far have been modest, but quickly turned the focus on the incoming Surface Pro tablet which, in Ballmer’s own words, is “high-end” and “unique” with a new Intel chip and a higher screen resolution. Unfortunately, the Microsoft CEO didn’t divulge any more details of its sales figures for the Surface RT tablet. The Microsoft CEO, however, confirmed that Microsoft has had a total number of 4 million Windows 8 upgrades just three days after the official launch. In case you missed our Surface RT review, you can check it out here.
- 2013-09-20: Surface 2 Said To Have Same $500 Price As Surface RT
- 2013-08-27: Microsoft Surface 2 May Ditch The 'RT' Label
- 2013-08-26: Microsoft May Have Forced Ballmer's Retirement Due To Surface RT Debacle
- 2013-08-23: Giant “Piano” Made Up Of Surface RT Tablets
- 2013-08-13: Surface RT And Surface Pro Get Firmware Updates