As most of you know, T-Mobile is currently the only major carrier that does not offer Apple’s iPhone on contract – the reason is apparently they cannot afford it, although rather interestingly it seems that a new rumor has surfaced (via Fortune) that the carrier could announce that they will start selling iPhones next week. Considering that it was less than two weeks ago that T-Mobile explained why they couldn’t offer the iPhone, it certainly seems very unlikely that they would have a sudden change of heart in such a short period of time – either that or the statement they made last week was just to throw us off our tracks (which we highly doubt).
In any case if the rumors were to pan out, it should be noted that T-Mobile has yet to launch its LTE network although we’re not sure that Apple’s iPhone could be compatible with T-Mobile’s LTE bands. 3G would also be out of the question as T-Mobile’s 1700Mhz and 2100Mhz are not compatible and are used for HSPA+. T-Mobile did promise to support the iPhone with 1900Mhz HSPA+ compatibility but coverage is limited at the moment, so unless Apple has been working on an iPhone specifically designed for T-Mobile’s network, we suggest you not get your hopes up just yet and take this with huge doses of salt for now.
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2013-07-03: T-Mobile iPhone 5 Price Apparently Changed Once Again
- 2013-05-13: T-Mobile iPhone 5 Down Payment Price Raised To $149
- 2013-05-13: Hackers Mod T-Mobile's Carrier Update To Boost iPhone 5 Speeds
- 2013-05-08: T-Mobile Moves Half A Million iPhone 5s In The First Month
- 2013-04-15: iPhone 5 Brought T-Mobile One Of Its Biggest Launch Weekend