If you’re in the United States, there’s a good chance that you’ll spend your evening watching the presidential election results roll in. The only problem is that there’s not enough action! Most states close the polls at the same time, and depending on how saucy the exit-poll watchers are, there could be long stretches of time between real action, which is calling a state for a given candidate. Here’s what you should be looking at on your phone or tablet while watching the results: Google Trends. You can break down election-related search terms by state or the Nation, and dropping tidbits like “New Hamshire is searching for Obama way more often than they’re searching for Romney” is the kind of fun fact that will get you invited to more election day parties, even if you did have to google “who is running for president” earlier today.
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play