While Instagram is a great app to take photos with, who would have thought that it could be used to help with the making of an entire music video? Before you run off and check your Instagram app to see if there was some hidden video recording function – stop because while Instagram did help with the making of this music video, it was done by piecing together hundreds of Instagram photos to help create the stop-motion effect.
The music video was for a song called Invasión by the band The Plastics Revolution, and according to its creator, “This is the very first music video done entirely on Instagram without any third party alterations. Every single frame of this music video is an actual picture that we ran through Instagram. We never shot any video. We only shot still photography. All 1905 pictures went through the normal Instagram process on an iPhone. We hope you like it!” We’re not sure if this genre of music will appeal to you, but if want to see the results of its creator’s efforts, check out the video above.
- 2014-04-23 Instagram's Explore Feature Will Be More Personalized
- 2014-04-14 Instagram Down, And Up Again
- 2014-04-02 Instagram Works On Bug That Hides Recent Photos
- 2014-03-25 Instagram Hits 200 Million Active Users
- 2014-03-25 Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration