Verizon has a couple of Windows Phone devices lined up for the remainder of this year. This includes the Nokia Lumia 822, the HTC 8X and presumably the Samsung ATIV Odyssey whose press rendering what leaked not too long ago. We know that the 8X has been priced at $199, with the Lumia 822 at $99, but how much can consumers expect to pay for the ATIV Odyssey? In an interview with The Verge, Verizon’s CMO Tami Erwin was quoted as saying, “there will be a $99 and a $199 [Windows Phone option] and ultimately before the end of the year we will have a device that comes in at the free [price] point.” Given that the 8X and Lumia 822 have both been revealed and priced, we can only assume that the free price point is in reference to the Samsung ATIV Odyssey. Of course there isn’t any confirmation at this point in time, but it certainly sounds like a safe bet. However if this is indeed the case, we guess the ATIV Odyssey will be a good place to start for people looking to hop aboard the Windows Phone 8 bandwagon without having to spend too much money.
Next Story: Sony Xperia E specs revealed in AnTuTu benchmark
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2013-01-24: Verizon Samsung Ativ Odyssey Arrives
- 2013-01-23: Samsung Ativ Odyssey Set For Verizon Debut Tomorrow
- 2013-01-18: Samsung ATIV Odyssey A Week From Release?
- 2012-11-12: Samsung ATIV Odyssey press rendering leaked
- 2012-10-30: Samsung ATIV Odyssey to launch on Verizon's network in December