Hmmm, there are whispers going around which will definitely not go down well with folks who are currently enjoying free communication over Whatsapp – it seems that rumors are floating concerning the most famous chat application for smartphones in the world, touting that we eventually will need to pony up money to use Whatsapp in the future. Apparently, a spokesperson of Whatsapp mentioned to androidworld.nl that Whatsapp might cost a dollar to use down the road, if downloaded over Google Play.
Of course, paying for Whatsapp is not new, as iPhone users had to pony up money for the privilege of using Whatsapp all along. Assuming all Android-powered smartphone users are required to pay for Whatsapp use, Samsung is in a position to capitalize on their ChatON chat program, which comes pre-installed on select Samsung devices, while touting added functionality compared to Whatsapp. In fact, ChatON is said to be extremely popular among bada OS users and folks living in Asia. What do you think?
Next Story: Amazon Appstore for Android rolls out in Japan
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-08: German Carrier Launches WhatsApp Specific SIM Card Deal
- 2014-04-03: 'WhatsAppitis' Classified As A Disease
- 2014-04-03: Samsung ChatOn Lets You Recall Messages Now
- 2014-04-01: WhatsApp: 64 Billion Messages Processed In 24 Hours
- 2014-03-20: WhatsApp And Instagram On The Nokia X