We know that many Windows Phone owners were bummed when it was revealed that WP7.5 handsets will not be upgraded to WP8. Microsoft instead compromised by offering Wp7.5 users an update to WP7.8, an update that was scheduled for the end of the year. However last week it was suggested that WP7.8 would only be rolling out come Q1 of 2013 which could mean that there is still some way to go, but according to an anonymous tipster who attended Microsoft’s Windows Phone developer event in Singapore, it was reported that the Head of Nokia Asia Pacific Developer Relations revealed to the audience that WP7.8 had been released to manufacturers last week.
Since we weren’t there at the event ourselves, we can’t confirm any of this, but assuming that this is true, there is a chance that the WP7.8 update could be rolling out by the end of the year as scheduled. However like we mentioned earlier, there were rumors that indicated that WP7.8 would only be released next year, so we’re not sure which of these rumors to believe in at the moment. Either way we suggest you take this with a grain of salt and not get your hopes up just yet. We will definitely keep our eyes peeled so check back with us at a later date for the details.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 822 Teardown
- 2013-05-08 AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone 7.8 Update Out Now
- 2013-03-18 Windows Phone 7.8 To Receive Support Until September 2014
- 2013-03-14 Windows Phone 7.8 Update Build 8860 Could Have Tile Bug Fix
- 2013-02-04 Dell Venue Pro Gets Windows Phone 7.8 Update
- 2013-02-04 T-Mobile's Nokia Lumia 710 Will Be Missing Windows Phone 7.8 Update [Updated]