Following the rumors that Yahoo is planning to launch a redesigned home page last week, AllThingsD is reporting that the Internet giant is working on a new Yahoo Mail. Insider sources told the publication that the new Yahoo Mail is cleaner and more Gmail-like, and that the end goal of the overhaul is to better compete with the most popular email service right now. The details of the rumor are scarce, but the sources added that Yahoo is launching the new Yahoo Mail in early December this year.
As for Yahoo’s rumored Windows 8-like home page, we previously said that the company is planning to launch the project within the next two months. Yahoo, now under the leadership of former Google exec Marissa Mayer, has been making some critical money-making decisions lately. In October this year, Yahoo acquired Stamped, a mobile recommendations app. “Marissa thinks Yahoo Mail has been a big missed opportunity for the company and she wants to fix that,” sources told AllthingsD.
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-30: Yahoo Poaching YouTube Stars, Working On Rival [Report]
- 2014-01-08: Yahoo Mail Now Encrypts All Connections
- 2013-12-19: Yahoo Mail Updated To Bring Tabs Back
- 2013-12-15: Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Apologizes For Mail Outage
- 2013-12-12: Yahoo Mail Was Down Due To A Hardware Problem
- 2013-10-14: Yahoo Mail Redesign Did Not Go Down As Well As Expected