Amazon Instant Video subscribers are often sitting in the shadow of other streaming-video services like Netflix and Hulu, but very soon, they’re going to have the power to make or break a TV series through its service.
Amazon Studios will produce and post pilots to six shows on Amazon Instant Video, to which users of the service can give feedback to determine if Amazon will invest in a full season for the show. The shows selected to receive pilot episodes all have some serious star power behind them with some shows being written by Academy Award nominees, winners and stars of current popular television series.
The names of the shows that will receive pilot episodes are:
- Alpha House
- Dark Minions
- The Onion Presents: The News
- Those Who Can’t
Descriptions for each television show can be found on Amazon’s website announcing today’s news.
As of now, Amazon has yet to announce when the shows will be filmed, aired and its users will be able to give feedback ultimately deciding which moves on and which gets voted off the Amazon Instant Video island. Or, for you Apprentice fans, which show will get hired or fired.
Next Story: 25,000 Want Death Star To Be Built
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-09: Amazon Fire TV Review
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-07: Amazon Fire TV Handles Android Mirroring Nicely