The latest software update from Amazon for the Kindle Fire HD has seen support for the new “Kindle Free Time Unlimited” subscription service implemented, but that is not all. I suppose this is because Christmas is around the corner, so it makes perfect sense to come up with more than just one benefit in an update, right? It seems that Amazon did throw in the Swype keyboard to the latest range of Kindle Fire tablets with this new update, in addition to a camera app for models that already come with a built-in camera.
The Kindle Fire HD 7″ software update notes did mention that the moment software version 7.2.2 is installed, you are able to use the front-facing camera to shoot photos without having to first install a third party camera app, now that’s certainly worth a shot (pardon the pun). If you have yet to use Swype and are wondering just what does this app offer, try it – it will make your typing experience a whole lot easier and seamless. I’ve used Swyped some time ago and have not looked back since.
Next Story: Onda V972 Comes With Allwinner Chip
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-02-05: Amazon Video Ads Business Gets Detailed
- 2013-12-05: Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- 2013-11-18: Original Kindle Fire Receives Unofficial Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-11-18: Amazon Rolls Out Kindle Fire OS 3.1 With BYOD Support, More
- 2013-11-04: Amazon Kindles Receive Discount To Celebrate FAA's New Rules