Now that the holidays are officially coming to a close and a new year is nearly upon us, you’re probably looking back at the gifts you received over the past couple of days with either content or disdain. Either way, if you or someone you know shopped at Amazon, then you partook in one of Amazon’s biggest holiday sales ever.
Amazon reported today their 2012 holiday sales were the biggest the company has ever experienced with a record-breaking 306 items purchased a second on their peak day. Its Cyber Monday sales, which is the Monday after Black Friday that encourages customers to purchase merchandise online rather than in stores, reached a total of 26.5 million items sold, which is a new record.
Amazon also reports its Kindle Fire HD is the overall best seller for the entire site, followed by the original Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle rounding out the top four best sellers on the website.
Christmas Day was also a big day for Amazon’s digital downloads as over
23 26.5 million items including movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, audiobooks, apps and games were downloaded on that day alone.
[IMG via Chelsea]RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- UPS Researching Delivery Drones To Compete With Amazon Prime Air
- PayPal Now Offering Digital Gift Cards For Purchase
- PayPal Now Accepting Prepaid Gift Cards For Online Purchases
- PS4, Xbox One Games Discounted At Amazon To $49
- Follow: Amazon, kindle fire hd,
- Seen at: phx.corporate-ir.net