Now that the holidays are officially coming to a close and a new year is nearly upon us, you’re probably looking back at the gifts you received over the past couple of days with either content or disdain. Either way, if you or someone you know shopped at Amazon, then you partook in one of Amazon’s biggest holiday sales ever.
Amazon reported today their 2012 holiday sales were the biggest the company has ever experienced with a record-breaking 306 items purchased a second on their peak day. Its Cyber Monday sales, which is the Monday after Black Friday that encourages customers to purchase merchandise online rather than in stores, reached a total of 26.5 million items sold, which is a new record.
Amazon also reports its Kindle Fire HD is the overall best seller for the entire site, followed by the original Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle rounding out the top four best sellers on the website.
Christmas Day was also a big day for Amazon’s digital downloads as over
23 26.5 million items including movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, audiobooks, apps and games were downloaded on that day alone.
[IMG via Chelsea]
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-09: Amazon Fire TV Review
- 2013-10-09: Amazon Intends To Sell 2 Million Kindle Fire HDs Before November 2013 Is Over
- 2013-09-24: Amazon Unveils New Kindle Fire HD
- 2013-09-11: Next-Gen Amazon Kindle Fire HD Leaked Photos Hit The Internet
- 2013-08-12: Amazon Kindle Fire HD Sees $40 Price Cut, Successor Imminent?
- 2013-07-30: Next Generation Kindle Fire HD Tablets Specs Rumored