The kinds of horror shootings that we read about these days truly boggle the mind as we take a look at the monsters that have risen in our society. Well, here is a backpack that you might want to consider getting for your child as it is said to be strong enough to stop rounds from a .44 Magnum, and that is saying a lot. The Amendment II kids backpacks will come lined with “RynoHide” armor, touted to be “light as air, stronger than diamonds and can be as flexible as rubber”. The material’s qualities are said to be made possible courtesy of a proprietary mix of carbon nanotubes. Being thin and soft, it means your kids will live life normally without noticing it being there, and yet it is enough to stop bullets from the majority of handguns out there.
Amendment II intends these backpacks to “be quickly brought to the front as a shield or can serve as center of mass protection while fleeing the scene of the shooting.” You can remove the armor via the backpack’s bottom, where it can then be unfurled to a large blanket for better protection against an incoming bomb, for example. The Amendment II ballistic backpack that can stop .45mm caliber or 9mm rounds will cost $300, while a $100 upgrade can stop .44 Magnum rounds. Not the kind of bag you would fancy your kid losing for sure, considering the price it costs! Still, one can never place enough premium on the life of a person, right?
Next Story: mPrinter For Smartphone Users
- 2013-10-31: HTC Sends HTC One To Man Whose Life Was Saved By Bullet-Stopping Cellphone
- 2013-10-29: Cellphone Saves Gas Station Clerk's Life By Stopping A Bullet Fired At Him
- 2013-04-23: Hopefully There Won't Be A Need For These Bulletproof School Uniforms
- 2013-04-05: SEGA Dreamcast Backpack Will Retail For $146 Starting April 25 In Japan
- 2013-02-20: Boompack Boombox Backpack: Wearing Music On Your Back
- 2012-12-20: Amendment II Backpack Is Bulletproof
- 2012-07-12: Solid Gray Backpacks boast a different design
- 2012-01-04: Vivick Anti-Theft backpack