With the previous design of the iPod nano, many accessory manufacturers took the opportunity to create watch straps that would accommodate the device, essentially turning the iPod nano into a watch-like device. Now we’ve seen several smart watches created in the past, such as the Pebble smart watch, but if the rumors are to be believed, it seems that Apple could be interested in such a device themselves. According to Tech.163, they claim that they have heard whispers in the supply chain that Intel has developed a smart watch that Apple could be interested in.
The rumored device is said to feature a 1.5” OLED display with indium tin oxide, or ITO coated glass. Supposedly Apple could be gearing up to release such a device as soon as next year. While it is not entirely possible that Apple is looking to introduce new devices in their portfolio, Apple rumors have typically been rather fanciful rather than believable, so we will be taking this with generous doses of salt and suggest you do the same, but for the sake of discussion, what do you guys think? Could you see Apple launch a smart watch of their own in the future?
- 2014-02-28: MOGA Teases Upcoming Bluetooth Gamepad
- 2014-02-20: Sceptre SoundPal Bluetooth Speaker
- 2014-02-03: Apple iWatch Using Solar And Kinetic Charging?
- 2014-01-21: Bluetooth Smart Jewelry Pendant
- 2014-01-02: Cobra AirWave Mini
- 2013-09-04: Qualcomm Toq Hands-On Review: Mirasol Display Is the Star
- 2013-07-22: Samsung Smart Watch Expected To Launch Alongside Galaxy Note 3 [Rumor]
- 2013-07-12: Pebble Smart Watches Passes 275,000 Preorder Mark
- 2013-07-02: Qualcomm TOQ Trademark Filed, Hints At Possible Smart Watch