With the previous design of the iPod nano, many accessory manufacturers took the opportunity to create watch straps that would accommodate the device, essentially turning the iPod nano into a watch-like device. Now we’ve seen several smart watches created in the past, such as the Pebble smart watch, but if the rumors are to be believed, it seems that Apple could be interested in such a device themselves. According to Tech.163, they claim that they have heard whispers in the supply chain that Intel has developed a smart watch that Apple could be interested in.
The rumored device is said to feature a 1.5” OLED display with indium tin oxide, or ITO coated glass. Supposedly Apple could be gearing up to release such a device as soon as next year. While it is not entirely possible that Apple is looking to introduce new devices in their portfolio, Apple rumors have typically been rather fanciful rather than believable, so we will be taking this with generous doses of salt and suggest you do the same, but for the sake of discussion, what do you guys think? Could you see Apple launch a smart watch of their own in the future?
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- Apple's Plans For Sapphire Will Be For A "Secret Project"
- iPhone 6 To Have Sapphire Coating, Skips May Release (Rumor)
- Glucose Monitoring Might Not Make It Onto The iWatch