Not to be outdone with Google’s recent warm holiday greeting topped with Happy Holiday cards, Apple is publishing a new TV commercial for its latest tablets – the iPad 4 and the iPad mini. And being the simplistic company that Apple is, they’ve chosen to highlight Facetime on both tablets, and asked a talented girl to sing the classic hit “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” to her grandfather.
In the short and simple video, the girl dumps the Bing Crosby-ish theme of the song and revives it to an almost Hawaian-style holiday cheer, thanks to her good voice and ukulele. Pairing both iPads also connotes a hidden message that Apple has been trying to express, that is, that the iPad mini, in spite of its smaller size, does not compromise on features and is not too far from its larger iPad siblings. The 30-second video ends with an Apple logo and some snow.
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued