AT&T’s 4G LTE service has been slowly making its way across America like the flu virus, which is way more inconvenient to contract than near-broadband speed data and voice service. The company announced today four new markets have been added to its 4G LTE service coverage area: Grand Rapids, Michigan; Nashua, New Hampshire; Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania; and Auburn, Alabama.
If you have a 4G LTE compatible device like the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S III or HTC 8X, and live around in or near to the coverage areas, then you can finally enjoy speeds 10 times faster than 3G, which we everybody needs these days.
As of now, AT&T currently has 4G LTE available in 113 markets, covering approximately 160 million people, with the company adding new markets at a pretty high rate in the past couple of months. The company is expected to deliver 4G LTE service to over 300 million customers by the end of 2014, which if AT&T continues at its current pace, could certainly push past that number in no time.
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: Volvo Gets AT&T To Provide HSPA+ In-Car Connectivity
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-16: Burger King Launches AT&T Wi-Fi Services Across U.S. Restaurants
- 2014-04-09: Transit Wireless And AT&T Target 242 More NYC Subway Stops
- 2013-12-17: EE UK Now Allows 4G LTE Roaming For AT&T Subscribers
- 2013-12-09: AT&T Teams Up With Rogers To Offer 4G LTE Roaming In Canada
- 2013-06-20: Aio Wireless Gets AT&T 4G LTE Support
- 2013-04-18: Sprint Announces LTE Expansion In 21 New Markets
- 2013-04-14: T-Mobile iPhone Launch Day Was "Gangbusters"