Late last night, we did mention that AT&T is very, very close to bringing an operating system update to both the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Nokia Lumia 820, two smartphones that are powered by the Windows Phone 8 operating system. Well, it seems that ‘Portico’, as this particular software update has been dubbed, will not be available to the other markets until February 2013, which is still a good two months plus away. Ah well, this is where the patience card kicks in once again. Folks who are subscribers of AT&T and Rogers (the latter in Canada) will be able to get this update first from today onwards, where it is available as an Over The Air (OTA) update.
Some of the confirmed changes (this time officially from the horse’s mouth) would be enhancements in messaging, a more efficient and reliable Bluetooth connectivity, a more efficient and reliable start-up sequence, enhancements made in imaging performance and battery management, and additional platform updates and enhancements. I guess AT&T and Rogers are firm believers that the world does not end this Friday…RELATED
- Alcatel Idol X+ To Be Accompanied By Smart Devices?
- White Droid Ultra And Droid Mini Available On Verizon Now
- Nokia Guru Could Be The BH-121 Touch
- Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 Sports Dual SIM Capability
- New Nokia Lumia 1020 Ad Touts Camera Capability
- Follow: at&t, lumia 820, Lumia 920, rogers, windows phone 8,