We’ve been keeping a close eye on Irrational Games’ upcoming game, BioShock Infinite, throughout the year, although the news of it being delayed until March 2013 hit us pretty hard in our splicer hearts. In case you needed even more of a reason to pre-order the game besides how amazingly gorgeous it looks as well as for the Premium and Ultimate Songbird Editions, it looks as though BioShock Infinite will be quite the unique experience.
In an interview with Outside Xbox, Irrational Games’ Co-Founder and Creative Director, Ken Levine, was questioned on the ending of BioShock Infinite as fans of the original BioShock found the last third of the game to be lackluster.
“The plot actually gets more interesting as it goes on,” Levine said. “The end of the game, I can’t tell whether people will like it or not like it. I can say it’s something we’re incredibly proud of. It’s like nothing you’ve actually experienced in a video game before. It’s unique and quite particular to this world, these characters and this franchise.”
That’s quite the claim as I’ve been surprised by the outcome of many titles, one of the most recent being The Walking Dead Game. BioShock Infinite was already one of our highly-anticipated games of 2013, but now that Levine has made the claim it’s ending will be “like nothing you’ve actually experienced in a video game before,” we can’t help but feel a little more anxious for its release.
- 2013-10-25: BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea Episode 1 Releasing November 12
- 2013-07-30: BioShock Infinite DLC Rolls Out Today
- 2013-04-16: BioShock Infinite Player Asks For Refund After Viewing Religiously Offensive Scene
- 2013-04-11: BioShock Infinite Players React To Boy Of Silence In Compilation Video
- 2013-04-03: BioShock Infinite's Columbia Recreated In Minecraft
- 2013-03-26: BioShock Infinite Now Available For Xbox 360, PS3 & PC