Making a hit video game is definitely a job that, while extremely difficult and tough, is still able to rival – and even surpass those in Tinseltown. What am I referring to here? Well, it seems that analysts need not worry about the Call of Duty franchise to be at peril from fatigue among gamers, considering how the recently released Black Ops II has passed the $1 billion sales figure in just 15 days. Yes sir, this is definitely far faster compared to some of the big Hollywood franchises like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Harry Potter.
Activision remained mum on the 5-day sales total for Black Ops II, but it seems that the $1 billion mark was too good a news not to be shared among the masses. It must be noted, however, that Modern Warfare 3 arrived at that lofty figure by taking an extra day more. In order to gain some perspective, James Cameron’s huge silver screen hit, Avatar, required 17 days to arrive at this special ‘club’, which was mostly buoyed by positive reviews and the novelty of watching a 3D movie, geeky looking glasses and all.
- 2013-08-08: Black Ops II: Origins Teaser Depict A Robot
- 2013-04-25: PC, PS3 To Get Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 Uprising This May 16th
- 2013-02-13: Revolution DLC For Call of Duty: Black Ops II Released
- 2012-12-05: Black Ops II Hits $1 Billion Milestone
- 2012-11-16: Black Ops 2 Earns $500 Million In A Day
- 2011-06-28: Call of Duty: Black Ops the U.K.'s best selling video game of all time
- 2011-05-25: New Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 bundle arrives
- 2011-03-15: Call of Duty: Black Ops is the best selling game of all time in the US
- 2010-12-21: Call of Duty: Black Ops breaks $1 billion sales mark