Making a hit video game is definitely a job that, while extremely difficult and tough, is still able to rival – and even surpass those in Tinseltown. What am I referring to here? Well, it seems that analysts need not worry about the Call of Duty franchise to be at peril from fatigue among gamers, considering how the recently released Black Ops II has passed the $1 billion sales figure in just 15 days. Yes sir, this is definitely far faster compared to some of the big Hollywood franchises like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Harry Potter.
Activision remained mum on the 5-day sales total for Black Ops II, but it seems that the $1 billion mark was too good a news not to be shared among the masses. It must be noted, however, that Modern Warfare 3 arrived at that lofty figure by taking an extra day more. In order to gain some perspective, James Cameron’s huge silver screen hit, Avatar, required 17 days to arrive at this special ‘club’, which was mostly buoyed by positive reviews and the novelty of watching a 3D movie, geeky looking glasses and all.
- Watch Dogs PS4 Version Dishes Out 1080p/30FPS
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase