We’re sure that even the most ardent Blackberry fan will have to admit that when it comes to the camera on Blackberry devices, while they do get the job done, they can’t really be compared to cameras on phones such as the iPhone 5, the Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X and etc. That being said, we’re sure that many are hoping that with the release of Blackberry 10 next year, hopefully things on the camera front (both hardware and software) will see some dramatic improvements. While we have yet to try the camera out for ourselves, the folks at the Inside Blackberry blog have recently released a video demonstrating the camera that users can expect on the Blackberry 10 L-series, along with the Time Shift feature.
For those wondering what the Time Shift feature is, it’s basically where the camera will capture a few seconds before and after the photo. From there users will be able to scroll back and forth to select the best shot, even going as far as being able to adjust the faces itself which will help prevent photos where eyes are closed or where smiles might look a bit awkward. If this is the first time you’re seeing the Blackberry 10 camera in action, check it out in the video above.
- 2014-04-09: Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27: BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19: BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2014-02-13: BBM 2.0 Brings Voice Calling, Channels, Dropbox And More
- 2013-12-24: BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices