It is bitter cold in certain countries right now, especially for folks living in the extreme north hemisphere. Having said that, considering how Canada is known as the Great White North, it is then fitting for a Canadian company known as Research In Motion to reveal an update to their BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, dubbing it Igloo along the way. The Igloo update will weigh in at 37MB in size which ain’t too large at all in this day and age, where software version 188.8.131.524 is said to resolve an issue that users face where in-app purchases are concerned. There is also another change introduced in Igloo, which sees the latest texts in a conversation showing up on top of the list, instead of being at the bottom. O course, known problems connected to MPEG-4 videos have also been resolved.
The Igloo update seems to apply to Canadians only, where a description of it reads, “This software release improves igloo strength by adding a base of hockey sticks to the exterior, as well as adding a heard of powerful, angry, yet playful beavers to protect the igloo. Get the Canadian only, igloo software update today at: www.blackberry.com/iglooPowerUp”.
The thing is, the Igloo update seems to be but a big joke (link is also broken as at press time), and it isn’t even April Fool’s, but RIM does think that they have enough goodwill to splash around with the impending release of BlackBerry 10.
Next Story: HiSense Pulse Google TV Going For $99
- 2013-11-07: BlackBerry PlayBook 2 Rumors Start Circulating
- 2013-06-28: BlackBerry 10 Will Not Be Headed To The PlayBook After All
- 2013-04-30: Blackberry CEO Rumored To Share Tablet Plans On 15th May During Blackberry Live
- 2012-12-24: Possible native BBM app on the Blackberry Playbook spotted
- 2012-12-20: BlackBerry PlayBook Gets Igloo Update
- 2012-07-30: 10" BlackBerry PlayBook spotted?
- 2012-07-23: LTE BlackBerry PlayBook going on sale July 31st in Canada?
- 2012-06-08: RIM confirms 16GB Blackberry Playbook discontinuation
- 2012-06-07: 16GB Blackberry Playbook appears to have been discontinued
- 2012-05-22: Blackberry Playbook with LTE gains FCC approval