It shouldn’t be a surprise by now that mobile devices, including tablets, have been seen as the perfect gift to give to family, friends and loved ones during the holiday season. Every year, there’s an increase in iOS and Android devices activated on Christmas Day, but this year broke records as there were more iOS and Android devices activated in history.
A report published by analytics firm Flurry took iOS and Android device activations from December 1st to the 20th and compared that data to activations of those devices on Christmas Day. Between December 1st and December 20th, four million iOS and Android devices were activated a day. On December 25th, a whopping 17.4 million devices were activated, which is a 332% increase. The previous record was set last year at 6.8 million activations, which was easily doubled this year.
Tablets also seems to have been the gift of choice this year as 51% of iOS and Android activations were tablets with the other 49% giving smartphones for Christmas. It’s good to know the tablet my grandmother received this Christmas Day has influenced Flurry’s statistics, even though she’s currently only using the thing to play Slotomania.RELATED
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- JXD S5800 Android Gaming Tablet/Smartphone Unveiled
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- iOS Leads Android In Cyber Monday Online Shopping
- Follow: Android, iOS, sales,