Two weeks ago, we heard about EA supporting Xbox 360′s Kinect in Dead Space 3 and immediately became excited at the prospect of being able to yell at our co-op partner nonstop throughout the game. Not only will we be able to yell out orders to our co-op buddy, but it looks as though the game will recognize certain words yelled at certain moments in the game, specifically curse words.
During an interview with CVG, Dead Space 3 producer Steve Papoutsis revealed a number of hidden voice commands can be triggered through swearing the right word at the right time.
“…there are commands where you might be in a certain situation and you might yell a specific expletive and it might behave in a way that you want it to.”
What those commands are, when they need to be yelled to trigger something and their results are, of course, unknown at this time. When Dead Space 3 is released on February 5th, we’ll be sure to curse our lungs out at every moment we can, even while we’re browsing our inventory. You never know what a good F-bomb could bring up in there.
Next Story: Tomb Raider Will Feature Multiplayer Modes
- 2014-04-02: New Kinect For Windows Is Official, Arrives This Summer
- 2014-03-27: Microsoft Kinect For Windows Hardware Version 2 Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: Kinect Guards The Korean Border
- 2013-12-31: 3D Printing Service Uses Your Kinect To Make Mini Figurines Of Yourself
- 2013-12-27: NASA Engineers Use Oculus Rift And Kinect 2 To Control Robots
- 2013-06-28: Doodle Jump For Kinect Now Available On Xbox 360
- 2013-04-29: Microsoft Kinect Hacked To Become A 'BoobTracker'
- 2013-02-12: Xbox 360 Sales Soar Past 76 Million Units; Kinect Sales Hit 24 Million
- 2013-02-07: Report: Xbox 720 To Feature Siri-Like Voice Control
- 2012-07-17: NASA and Microsoft release Mars Rover Landing game