Sports fans who have taken their obsession to know anything and everything sports related via their Xbox 360 will have more control over their experience as ESPN has announced it will be updating its application to support Microsoft’s SmartGlass application available for iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices.
The updated ESPN application will allow users to pick highlights, change video streams and look at statistics from their mobile device running SmartGlass with the content showing up on the user’s TV. Instead of your screen becoming cluttered with on-screen information, everything will be moved to your mobile device’s screen leaving the program taking center stage on your TV screen.
For those who have been looking for a two-screen experience to go along with their ESPN watching, the upcoming ESPN app update on the Xbox 360 will be something we’re sure sports fans will be looking forward to. The update will hit the Xbox 360 some time later this month. Let’s just hope it’s before all of those Christmas Day football games that we’re sure you’re counting down the days until, since not should Christmas be full of presents and holiday cheer, but obviously football as well.
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-03-15: Xbox 360 Spring Value Bundle Announced
- 2014-02-06: The Wolf Among Us Xbox 360 Season Pass Issue Irks Customers
- 2013-05-21: Xbox One Aims To Become Entertainment Hub With New Features, Services
- 2013-05-10: ESPN Considering Subsidizing Mobile Data Plans To Help You Stream Its Content
- 2012-12-25: Air Force Enlists ESPN’s Help For Drone Footage Analysis
- 2012-12-10: ESPN Xbox App Receiving SmartGlass Integration This Month
- 2012-03-27: Siri could pull ESPN sports scores for you in future update
- 2010-01-18: ESPN to stream on Xbox 360
- 2010-11-10: Microsoft Planning ESPN-branded Xbox 360?