It seems that the police over in Australia do not think too highly of Apple’s Maps app as well as Google Maps, judging by the kind of stories that we have covered recently. Well, it seems that there might be hope for Apple just yet, amidst rumors of them acquiring the navigation company known as TomTom (and sending their share price up along the way), as there are reports on the ground citing that Google Maps for iOS is arriving ‘tonight’. This bit of information has been a rumor for the longest time, and according to the folks over at All Things Digital, Google is preparing to roll out this software on the App Store tonight.
Apple did not comment as it is with their custom, and neither did Google respond immediately to a request for comment. No idea on the kind of features that the software will deliver, which if this rumor turns out to be true, would arrive approximately a month after Google was reported to be somewhere in the “near final” testing stages of rolling out the software for Apple’s iOS mobile operating system. Do you think a native Google Maps app for iOS will arrive this evening? Patience will reveal all.
Next Story: Pacific Rim Trailer Released
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2014-02-04: Google Maps For iOS Now Shows You The Fastest Route Home
- 2013-12-12: Google Maps iOS And Android Apps Updated With Gmail Integration
- 2013-05-06: Gmail for iOS Updated To Open Links In Chrome, YouTube, Google Maps
- 2013-03-05: Google Maps for iOS Receives Local Business, Friends Search Feature
- 2013-02-22: Google Supplies iOS Developers With Updated Maps SDK