As soon as Google Maps made its way to iOS, we knew it would be an undeniable hit as iPhone users have been dying to have their favorite mapping application back on their device. What we didn’t know is exactly how many downloads Google Maps would receive, although seeing how it already topped the App Store shortly after its launch, we knew it’d be a big number.
Google’s Senior Vice President of Commerce and Local Jeff Huber took to his Google+ profile to announce Google Maps surpassed 10 million downloads in less than 48 hours after its release.
“We’re excited for the positive reception of Google Maps for iPhone around the world.” Huber said in his Google+ update. “Congratulations to the Maps Team on the recognition for the passion and hard work they poured into it, for this release and over the last 7+ years.”
After millions of iOS users downloaded Google Maps, we’re curious as to how many of those users have since then moved their Apple Maps application into their “Apple Junk” folder? I know I have and will completely forget such a terrible app exists on my iOS devices as long as Google Maps exists.RELATED
- iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours
- Record Android Device's Screen With Audio Through CyanogenMod Screencast App
- Verizon Galaxy Note 3 OTA Update Rolling Out
- Google Play Store Game Categories To Be Expanded In February
- Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- Follow: Apple Inc, apple maps, Google, google maps, iOS,
- Seen at: plus.google