Google’s clearly not resting on its laurels yet. That’s because Google is now pushing a foray of nifty updates into its search app. Android users running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and above can now enjoy the newly updated Google Now. Just in time for the holiday season, where traveling is at its peak, Google Search, the app that runs behind Google Now, now includes new cards that displays nearby events and suggestions for further research.
Additionally, Google Search will now automatically pull out a boarding pass from Gmail. This particular feature is currently available in U.K., although Google says that it’s coming to more countries soon. The update also lets users do searches with their camera, display weather at upcoming travel destinations, and show summary of walking and biking activity as well as birthdays. But that’s not all. The new Google Search app now also supports voice actions. This means that users can now post on Google+ with their voice, and utilize the bar scanner and song guessing feature using their voice as well.
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-21 Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-16 Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-14 Google Search Ranking Boost For Websites With Encryption [Report]
- 2013-01-25 Google Published iOS Apps Dominated 2012
- 2011-11-21 Google Search for iPad updated