It’s undeniable how popular Apple’s iPhone and Samsung’s Galaxy phones have become over the years as these two devices seem to be the go-to phones for iOS and Android users, although there really isn’t another iOS-type phone out their besides the iPhone. But if a report from the Wall Street Journal turns out to be true, we could be seeing a Google phone that will may very well rival both the iPhone and Galaxy phones.
The phone Google is currently working with Motorola to build is known internally as the “X Phone.” Lion Ron, who is a former Google Product Manager, is reportedly in charge of the project, which is aims to give users a phone with a high-quality camera and photo software. Not only that, but a bendable screen and a ceramic exterior are also planned for the X Phone and an “X Tablet” will also reportedly be worked on after the X Phone’s release sometime next year.
It’s interesting to see months after Google acquired Motorola that it already has started working on a phone that they plan to have rival the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy phones. Seeing how popular Motorola’s Droid line of phones have been fore the company, we’re curious to see what will be possible with this X Phone now that Google is completely behind the wheel of its production.
- 2014-04-24 Google+ Integration To End
- 2014-04-24 Google Testing New Mobile Search Redesign
- 2014-04-24 Vic Gundotra, The Man Behind Google+, Is Leaving Google
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2013-04-25 Google X Phone With Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Spotted (Rumor)
- 2013-04-14 Motorola X Release Reportedly Pushed Back Till August
- 2013-03-26 Motorola X Phone Rumored For June/July Release
- 2013-03-15 Motorola X Phone Is Not A Single Device, Could Feature Customizable Hardware As Well [Rumor]
- 2011-08-15 Moogle and the Future of Mobile