Some of you guys might have played with Digimons and Tamagotchis in the past, and similar types of pets have made their way onto our smartphones as well. However it looks like the folks behind the popular to-do app, Clear, are attempting to launch a virtual pet of their own in a project called Hatch, and based on what we’ve seen, it certainly looks pretty interesting. Your pet will be known as a Fugu, and instead of being a mere virtual pet and existing purely as an app on your smartphone, your Fugu will react differently depending on how you interact with your phone.
Details about the app itself is pretty scarce for now, but examples shown in the video above include your pet reacting to you playing music on your phone, or when you plug it in at night when you go to bed and so on. Hatch is planned for a 2013 release, but interested users can head on over to its website to reserve special egg color. In the meantime you can learn more about it by watching the video above. At the moment it appears to be an iPhone exclusive and there is no word if it will be making its way onto other platforms in the future.
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-04-09: Mobile Gamers Tend To Quit After One Day, According To Study