The HTC One VX was expected to be released last month alongside the HTC One X+. While the One X+ did make its debut, the One VX was missing, and we’re sure that there are some who are wondering what happened to it. According to the folks at Android Central, they spoke to an AT&T spokesperson who told them that the carrier expects to stock the handset come 7th December which is in less than a week’s time. For those who forgot, the One VX is a mid-ranged Android handset where it will be priced at an affordable $50 along with a two-year contract.
Its specs are rather modest with a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, a 4.5” Super LCD2 display, 8GB of internal storage, a 5MP rear-facing camera, 4G LTE compatibility with AT&T’s LTE network, and it will come with Android 4.0 ICS on board although it is expected to be upgraded to Android 4.1 at a later date. Not the most impressive Android handset, but at $50 with 4G LTE connectivity, we expect that it should have its fair share of customers. We’ll definitely be marking down the 7th of December on our calendars, so do check back with us then to see if the report pans out.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-30: AT&T HTC One X Android 4.2 Update Released
- 2013-10-09: AT&T HTC One Android 4.3 Update Now Rolling Out
- 2013-10-07: AT&T HTC One Receiving Android 4.3 Update October 8
- 2013-08-15: AT&T's HTC 8X Reportedly Receiving GDR2 Update