It is interesting to note that Dell and HP have more or less pulled out from the consumer class smartphone market, and when it comes to tablets, HTC has more or less just one model to their name – the HTC Flyer which frankly, never really took off despite its name. Once bitten, twice shy, HTC is not, as the Taiwanese manufacturer is rumored to be working on a Windows RT tablet, joining Nokia in such speculations. HTC does seem to have a better shot at the tablet market compared to Nokia due to their previous experience where they could have learned a whole lot, but will they succeed this time around, assuming the rumor is true?
Bloomberg reported that HTC is working on a couple of tablets that will run on Microsoft’s ARM version of Windows, where one is a 12-inch tablet while the other would be a 7-inch tablet, and if the latter report is true, then HTC would bear the distinction of being the first company in the market to roll out a Windows RT tablet that has a screen size which is smaller than 10”, and perhaps double up as a phone although 7” is really pushing it for majority of your pockets.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2013-05-30: 12 Inch HTC Windows RT Tablet Reportedly Cancelled
- 2013-05-07: HTC R7 And R12 Windows RT Blue Tablets Launch Reportedly In October
- 2012-10-04: Nokia Windows RT tablet in the works [Rumor]
- 2011-12-05: HTC Flyer gets Honeycomb
- 2011-09-30: Best Buy to slash HTC Flyer price tag