Huawei was one of the first handset manufacturers to announce that they will be throwing their weight behind the Windows Phone 8 mobile operating system from Microsoft. The thing is, they never really got off the mark after that announcement with a hardware release, not at least until now. Well, the long wait does seem to be finally over at long last, with a few Huawei smartphones ready to rock and roll at CES 2013.
We did hear whispers of the budget oriented and low-end Ascend W1 making an appearance at CES next month, and now My Drivers claim that there will also be the high-end Ascend W2 making its mark at the very same event. From what we do know, the Huawei Ascend W2 will come with an 8-megapixel shooter at the back complete with flash, in addition to a naturally powerful processor. The Ascend W1, on the other hand, will feature a 4.3” WVGA display, a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, a 5-megapixel rear camera, a VGA front shooter, 512MB RAM, 4GB ROM, and a 2,000 mAh battery.
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2013-04-11: Huawei Ascend W2 Specifications Reportedly Leaked
- 2013-02-20: Huawei Ascend W1 Gets FCC Approval
- 2013-01-08: The Ascend W1 Is Huawei's First Windows Phone 8 Smartphone
- 2012-12-17: Huawei Ascend W1 Sees CES 2013 Debut
- 2012-11-27: Huawei expected to announce a Windows Phone device soon