A broken smartphone screen is quite the badge of shame when you see someone out in the open manipulating their phone with a screen that’s more crack than anything. These butter-fingered people might have a great story to go along with that crack, or the complete opposite as they tell you it fell out of their pocket and cracked.
One demographic of people who tend to always have cracked screens are college-aged girls as they enjoy to have a good time, at the price of their phones. That’s why The Onion thought Apple should release a phone already geared towards them, called the iPhone 5C.
The iPhone 5C will be completely identical to the iPhone 5, except for the fact the phone’s screen already comes cracked. Users will be able to select from a number of pre-shattered options like an iPhone 5C that was crushed by a bike or dropped in beer.
Another iPhone was teased towards the end of the clip from The Onion that will be one geared towards fathers whose iPhone will automatically call you when they have a question about their iPhone.
To watch the full video clip from The Onion, be sure to visit this link.
- 2014-04-21: Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2013-01-28: Budget iPhone Could Be A Frankenstein Phone Borrowing From iPhone 5, iPod Touch [Rumor]
- 2013-01-22: Verizon Activates Over 6 Million iPhones In Q4 2012
- 2012-12-03: iPhone 5 Heading Out To More Countries This Month
- 2012-09-17: iPhone 5 benchmark: narrowly beats Galaxy S3 [geekbench]
- 2012-08-19: First pictures of iPhone 5 display (Rumor)