Amateur mobile photojournalists have flocked to Instagram over the past year or so, and boy, do you guys love your filters. The company has been making headlines lately with its lack of Twitter support, and vice versa, but today the company announced some good news as it’s launched a big update to its iOS and Android application.
One of the biggest parts of Instagram’s update is to its camera, which at first will be available to only iOS users. Instagram’s camera has been revamped to offer an “Instagram-themed” shutter button, immediate access to your camera roll, and an optional grid guide while taking photos and a permanent grid guide when scaling and cropping pictures.
Instagram will also have Foursquare integration which can be seen on location pages which can open the Foursquare application, or a mobile site with details of the venue if you’re phone doesn’t have the Foursquare app.
A new filter called “Willow,” improvements to Instagram’s tilt-shift blur feature and general speed improvements to the application round out the update. The update should be available now for you to snag on iOS and Android.RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: Android, instagram, iOS,
- Seen at: blog.instagram