The world is full of surprises, and today, we have one that falls under the realm of tech. We are referring to the Apple iPhone 5, which is a highly desirable smartphone regardless of which soil you live on, and it has already experienced a mark down in its price over at Best Buy. This is unprecedented, happening just three months into the iPhone 5’s life, with Best Buy shaving $50 off the market price. In the past, it took at least half a year for an Apple product to be on the shelves before Apple gives the nod for discounts. Take for instance, the mark down of the older iPad 2, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, although the new iPad and iPad mini were to remain untouched.
The Best Buy $50 mark down will be good through January 5 next year, and other retailers might see Best Buy’s example and follow. Apple analysts figured out this could be due to one of two things – the iPhone 5 isn’t selling according to Apple’s expectations, and there might be a possible iPhone 5S (upgraded, of course) in the pipeline that sports a longer battery life and NFC technology. Which do you think is the more likely scenario?
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-05-24: Best Buy Reducing iPhone Price By $50 Starting On May 26
- 2013-03-05: Best Buy Accidentally Promotes Jailbreaking In Deal Of The Day Promo
- 2013-02-13: iPhone Tops Japan Market Share
- 2013-02-05: iPhone Battery Case: Mophie Juice Pack Helium Shipping Next Week
- 2013-01-28: Budget iPhone Could Be A Frankenstein Phone Borrowing From iPhone 5, iPod Touch [Rumor]