If you are one who loves to have the latest operating system upgrades available for your smartphone, then you would surely learn to shun the LG Optimus 2X. After all, this particular smartphone was said to be offered the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system update when it was first announced, although LG did take a few steps backward away from such a position. A short while after that, LG changed their mind, touting that the LG Optimus 2X would be one of the first few devices to receive the update, and this bit of news was followed by delays, until the entire deal seemed to have been off. It seems that LG has finally gotten its act together, with the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Optimus 2X is finally available.
The update was first made available in South Korea slightly earlier in the year this fall, and just in case you were wondering, the Ice Cream Sandwich update will not come packaged in an OTA (Over The Air) form, but rather, you will have to perform a manual installation.
Next Story: Teen Steals iPhone From Quadriplegic Man
- 2013-04-29: Android Design Head Praises Facebook Home's Attention To Design
- 2013-04-28: Google Glass CPU And RAM Specifications Revealed
- 2013-02-07: HTC Thunderbolt Ice Cream Sandwich Performance Issues
- 2013-02-05: HTC Thunderbolt Gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2013-01-31: Verizon HTC Thunderbolt Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2011-10-30: LG's Ice Cream Sandwich for Optimus 2X decision not final