It was not too long ago when the world found out that LG has in its wings, a spanking new Android-powered flagship device that is tipped for a 2013 release, and it will be known as the LG Optimus G2. Of course, judging by the name of the device alone, you can more or less figure out that it will succeed the current Optimus G that you see above, and in all probability, it ought to go up against the likes of the rumored Samsung Galaxy S4 and other different flagship models that will be making their way to the market in 2013.
South Korean publication Asiae says that the LG Optimus G2 would not feature a 5-inch display, but rather, it will make the leap to the phablet category with a 5.5-inch display, sporting 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) resolution to boot. Assuming this is true, then it would be a direct competitor to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 instead of the unreleased Galaxy S4. It ought to come with Android Key Lime Pie (version 5.0, perhaps?), LTE connectivity, a 2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Prime processor and an advanced camera located behind.
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2013-06-25: Additional LG Optimus G2 Images Leaked
- 2013-06-23: LG Optimus G2 Screenshots Leaked
- 2013-05-13: Additional LG Optimus G2 Photos Leaked
- 2013-05-02: LG Optimus G2 Spotted At Bluetooth SIG
- 2013-01-16: LG Optimus G2 Rumored For Fall Release With Android 5.0