Setting up and operating a home network is often a pain for most non tech-savvy people, as deciphering the code of routers’ user interface requires some research or previous knowledge. Actually, it is one of the Top 10 “simple things” that every computer user should know featured by Life Hacker, the site even provides a complete guide on how to understand your network and your router.
From the demo we saw at GDGT, it looks like Cisco figured out how to make routers more user friendly, by providing an easy to use and sleek touch interface accessible from various mobile devices.
From the Smart Wi-Fi application (still labeled Cisco Connect Cloud in the video) that Cisco showed on an iPad, you can remotely access parental control and the number of devices connected to your network or connect as a guest – check the video for more info.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iOS 7.1 Beta Download Available Now For Developers
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.4
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Follow: Cisco, cloud, linksys, mobile app, mobile application, router, wifi connectivity,