Setting up and operating a home network is often a pain for most non tech-savvy people, as deciphering the code of routers’ user interface requires some research or previous knowledge. Actually, it is one of the Top 10 “simple things” that every computer user should know featured by Life Hacker, the site even provides a complete guide on how to understand your network and your router.
From the demo we saw at GDGT, it looks like Cisco figured out how to make routers more user friendly, by providing an easy to use and sleek touch interface accessible from various mobile devices.
From the Smart Wi-Fi application (still labeled Cisco Connect Cloud in the video) that Cisco showed on an iPad, you can remotely access parental control and the number of devices connected to your network or connect as a guest – check the video for more info.
- 2014-01-06: Netgear Trek N300 Travel Router
- 2014-01-06: D-Link DIR-510L WiFi AC750 Travel Router / Charger
- 2013-10-14: D-Link To Close Back Door To Its Routers
- 2013-09-05: Scoop.it For iPad
- 2013-07-08: Amped Wireless RTA15 802.11ac Wi-Fi Router
- 2013-04-17: Your Off The Shelf Wi-Fi Router Can Easily Be Hacked
- 2013-01-25: Belkin Announces Plans To Purchase Linksys From Cisco
- 2012-12-17: Cisco Selling Linksys Division Likely At A Loss (Rumor)
- 2012-07-24: Pearltrees for iPhone
- 2011-04-05: Linksys brings new E-Series of routers to the masses