Folks interested in buying Microsoft’s Surface RT tablet, but are simply discouraged due to its lack of availability elsewhere will be happy to hear that the Windows 8 tablet is finally hitting retailers, as early as tomorrow. Office supply chain store, Staples, made the announcement earlier today that it will be selling Microsoft’s Surface RT tablet tomorrow, December 12th.
The news today confirms our previous report that the tablet is already making its way to retailers and that a launch could transpire “within days.” Via press release, Staples announced that the 32GB version of the Surface RT will sell for $499. There’s also a 32GB model with the black touch cover which sells for $599 beginning tomorrow. And, because the 32GB is rather small, Staples will also sell a 64GB variant with the black touch cover for $699.
For the record, Staples is the first retailer to announce the availability of the Surface tablet in its stores. Meanwhile, Panos Panay, the General Manager of Microsoft Surface confirmed in a press release saying, “We’ve increased production and are expanding the ways in which customers can interact with, experience and purchase Surface.” We think it’s just about time.
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10
- 2014-04-01: Microsoft Could Announce Something Surface-Related At BUILD
- 2014-03-26: Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter Discontinued By Microsoft
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Galaxy Pro Ad Criticizes The iPad And Microsoft Surface
- 2014-03-11: Microsoft Surface 2 With LTE Priced At $679
- 2014-03-10: Surface 2 LTE Tablets Sent To Microsoft Stores (Rumor)?