It seems that the PS3 is the most popular platform for Netflix, the movie and TV streaming service that is enjoyed by many – on virtually all platforms and devices that you can figure out these days. Despite that, there must be a champion among the plethora of devices, and this honor falls upon the shoulders of the Sony PS3 – which ironically speaking, is a video game console, and not primarily a video streaming device.
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings stated, “PS3 is our largest TV-connected platform in terms of Netflix viewing, and this year, at times, even surpassed the PC in hours of Netflix enjoyment to become our number one platform overall.” Perhaps the PS3 is so popular a platform because the PS3 does not have a filter, which is different from that of the Xbox 360, as you need to have Xbox LIVE Gold. Are you part of the PS3 brigade who also used it to enjoy Netflix’s services?
Next Story: Instagram Stops Twitter Cards Support
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2013-06-28: Netflix Launches Content Suggestion Engine Called Max Onto PS3
- 2013-05-13: Netflix Updates PlayStation 3 Player With Improvements To Audio, Trickplay Mode
- 2011-05-16: Netflix not reimbursing affected PS3 customers for PSN downtime (Updated!)
- 2010-10-14: Netflix Goes Disc-free On PS3 Next Week
- 2010-10-18: Sony PS3 Netflix app is discless as well