The might of Nintendo should not be underestimated, never mind that their hardware tends to be underpowered among the home video game consoles segment – at least from the N64 onwards. The Nintendo 3DS, which is just about to celebrate its second birthday in existence, has achieved quite a milestone in its home, Japan. Apparently, the Nintendo 3DS has overtaken the Sony PS3 in terms of lifetime sales, which is quite an achievement considering how the PS3 has over four years in terms of a head start.
In fact, this historical moment was achieved last week as Nintendo sold another 211,499 3DS systems within the week of December 3rd alone, bringing up Nintendo 3DS lifetime sales in the Land of the Rising Sun to a whopping 8,799,378, making it 80,000 or so more than the PS3′s lifetime sales of 8,716,260. Do you own a Nintendo DS and how much time have you spent with it so far, and do you also own a PS3?
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase
- Jack Tretton Leaves As President And CEO Of SCEA