In our review of the Microsoft Surface RT, we mentioned that good games were very hard to come by on Windows 8 RT. This is something that just got easier as NVIDIA has launched TegraZone for Windows RT. If you are not familiar with the Android version, TegraZone is an application that looks like a mini app store which features games and apps that are optimized for NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 processor that is inside the Microsoft Surface RT.However, TegraZone is not another store. It is a catalog, and when you want to download a game, it will send you to the official Microsoft Store. I glanced at the new titles and saw cool 3D games like Great Big War Game and Riptide GP (a classic!), but I settled for Pinball FX2, a free polygonal 3D (pinball) video game.
Right now, there are about 15 games, but given that Unity developers can port their games very quickly, expect to see more very soon. Everyone who owns a Surface RT and cares about gaming should download this: it’s much faster than trolling in the store in search of quality games.
Next Story: Huawei Ascend D2 Caught On Camera
- 2014-03-25: NVIDIA Shield To Get Temporary Price Cut
- 2014-03-25: NVIDIA GTX Titan Z Has 5760 Cores
- 2014-03-25: NVIDIA Pascal Architecture Introduced
- 2014-03-24: NVIDIA Tegra 4i Powered Wiko WAX Smartphone Will Be Released Next Month
- 2014-03-20: Titanfall For PC To Get Better Graphics Thanks To NVIDIA And Respawn's Partnership
- 2013-08-08: Microsoft Surface 2 Tablet Being Worked On By NVIDIA
- 2013-02-09: Microsoft Surface Pro Is Sold Out
- 2013-02-05: Microsoft Surface Pro Review
- 2012-11-06: What If Windows 8 Was Mounted Like The Original Surface?
- 2012-06-18: Microsoft Surface Tablet First Impressions: Awesome