If there ever was a gutsy droid from the science fiction world that seemingly defied all odds and served a particular family for two generations at the minimum, then R2-D2 of Star Wars fame would definitely take top accolades. After all, this is the little droid that could, and he has spawned an entire slew of hardware that would wet the pants of any self-proclaimed Star Wars fanboy. This time around, R2-D2 will come in the form of a wooden iPhone dock, and you know for sure that this is not rolled off from some factory assembly line, but rather, it was handmade by Mario of Valliswood.
Needless to say, the R2-D2 Wooden iPhone Dock does bear more than a passing resemblance to R2-D2, and the environmentalist in you will be placated to know that he was made using sustainable hardwoods that are found in the woods of Croatia, measuring all of 9” in height. Open up his head and you can dock your precious iPhone or iPod touch. You will need to have your very own charger cable though, and just before you drop $210 for this bad boy, you ought to know it will play nice with the iPhone 3G/3GS, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5 and iPod devices – save for the iPod shuffle and new iPod nano.
Next Story: YouTube For Tablets Revamped, Looks Dapper Now
- 2013-06-20: R2-D2 Birthday Cake Projects Princess Leia’s Image On Wall
- 2012-12-10: R2-D2 Wooden iPhone Dock
- 2012-11-20: R2-D2 Vespa
- 2012-10-23: Star Wars R2-D2 NES console is truly in a galaxy of its own
- 2012-09-11: R2-D2 luggage by Salvador Bachiller
- 2012-07-31: Guitar2-D2 helps you make music in an amusing manner
- 2012-04-25: Limited Edition Ceramic White LIL KIKR+ pre-orders open
- 2011-11-13: iTree dock burns a huge hole in your pocket
- 2011-07-19: HAI Dock begins to ship
- 2011-05-17: Day Maker gets toaster inspiration for design