So, you know all there is to know about the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 by now, and chances are, you might even be rocking to one. Well, here is some Christmas cheer for those who have been eyeing the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for a long time now, where Samsung has just announced a developer edition of the phablet that will play nice on Verizon’s network. Basically, everything about the hardware on the developer edition of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 remains the same as the consumer level model, but there is one caveat – it will come with an unlocked bootloader.
Just in case you were wondering what the heck an unlocked bootloader is, perhaps starting off on the right footing is vital. A bootloader is basically code that executes before the Android operating system starts, and it is a universal concept across just about all operating systems. Bootloaders tend to carry relevant instructions to boot the operating system kernel. Most bootloaders come locked on your Android-powered device, as the manufacturers would prefer you to remain with the Android version that ships with your device.
Hence, an unlocked bootloader on the Galaxy Note 2’s developer edition would allow you to flash custom ROMs onto it to play around with the possibilities that customized firmware offers on the Android platform. After all, it makes perfect sense to do so considering how developers are the target market for this.
Next Story: Apple Tests HDTV Prototypes
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2013-05-02: Verizon Galaxy Note II Finally Gets Android 4.1.2 Update
- 2012-11-28: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Available For Purchase From November 29 Onward
- 2012-11-27: Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Begins To Ship
- 2012-10-25: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from Verizon has carrier logo on its home button
- 2012-10-25: Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Note 2 now available for pre-order