Sharp has just unveiled its best and most expensive television. Dubbed as the ICC Purios, the 6-inch Ultra HD television is expected to hit the Japanese market on the 20th of February next year. Sharp says that its 4K TV will cost Y2,625,000 or around $31,283, and that it will be sold on a made-to-order basis. Sony has yet to decide whether or not it will sell the 4K TV overseas. Commenting about its price, a Sharp spokesperson said: “There may be other 4K TVs on the market, but our 4K TV offers images that are so realistic that viewers feel as if they were experiencing the scene in real life.” And similar to other 4K TVs, the ICC (Integrated Cognitive Creation) Purios will have a 3,840 × 2,160 screen resolution. The Consumer Electronics Association announced in October that it had altered the term of the technology “4K” to “UHD” or Ultra High Definition. At next year’s Consumer Electronics Show, Sharp will go head to head with Sony and Samsung in a battle of UHDs.RELATED
- Vuzix M2000AR First Smartglasses To Use Waveguide Optical Technology
- Samsung Will Reportedly Focus On Smartphone Accessories And Peripherals In 2014
- Amazon Prime Air Video Wasn't Shot In The U.S.
- Chromecast Gets Ten New Content Partners
- ZowPow Plush Toy Controller Targets Kids
- Follow: 4k, hdtv, sharp, UHD,
- Seen at: sharp.co.jp