We all know by now that Microsoft picked up Skype recently, and for what looked like a bargain price considering how Skype has continued to grow in strength from time to time. Well, having said that, you will not be able to remain at the top or even move forward if you do not improve, and Microsoft knows this very well, which is why they have introduced a minor update for Skype app in Windows Store for Windows 8/RT devices. This latest update to the Skype app will see improvements such as the ability for you to Exchange instant messages with all your Skype, Messenger and Outlook.com contacts without having to sap more battery life from your device.
The enhanced SnapvView is said to deliver smarter multi-tasking, while general bug fixes and overall performance improvements make up for the rest of the Skype app update. If you are interested in giving the updated Skype app a go, you can download it here from the Windows Store. Go on, let us know how the experience went, and perhaps you might have some pointers for the other readers?
- 2014-04-14 Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-02 Microsoft: Japanese Bank Upgrades 30,000 Terminals To Windows 8 From Windows XP
- 2014-04-02 Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2014-04-01 Users Migrating From Windows XP Prefer Windows 7 Over Windows 8
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft "Strongly" Encouraging OEMs To Bundle OneNote With Windows 8.1
- 2014-03-19 Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2013-06-27 Windows 8.1 Drops Messenger In Favor Of Skype Integration [Rumor]
- 2013-05-02 Video Messaging Comes To Skype For Windows 8
- 2013-03-31 Skype For Windows 8 Updated To Version 1.6
- 2012-10-22 Skype for Windows 8 announced