Every smartphone company needs a flagship model, and it is rather interesting to note that the Sony C660X Xperia Yuga as it has been known all this while has just been speculated that it will have another name – a far shorter one (phew!), where it is simply called the Xperia Z. At least Xperia Z is a whole lot more market friendly compared to the C660X Xperia Yuga, and we do know that the Xperia Z will also be accompanied by IP certification for dust and water resistance alongside a low-reflectivity display that is easier on your eyes.
I guess being on the receiving end of the IP57 certification for dust and water resistance would place the Xperia Z on the same platform as that of the upcoming Xperia V or the HTC J Butterfly, where it measures a relatively slim and compact 139mm x 71mm x 7.9mm, although we have no idea on just how much it will tip the scales. We do hope to hear an official announcement on the Sony Xperia Z when CES 2013 rolls around in a fortnight’s time, but should that not happen, there is always Mobile World Congress to look forward to a month later.
Next Story: Raspberry Pi In DIY Cellphone Tower
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-08-13: 100 Sony Xperia Z Handsets Used In A Fashion Project
- 2013-08-06: Sony XPERIA Z Users Complain of Build Quality in Forums
- 2013-08-01: Sony Shipped 9.6 Million Smartphones Last Quarter
- 2013-07-31: Sony Xperia Z And Xperia ZL Gets New Firmware Updates