No – you’re not experiencing déjà vu. You did hear about a Spotify application being made available on TiVo Premiere set top boxes and here we are, two days later, announcing Spotify has made itself available on another set top box of sorts. This time, Spotify has extended its virus-like clutch to Roku.
To be specific, Spotify is available on Roku 2 and Roku Streaming Stick, so those who own the Roku LT or Roku HD will be out of luck with today’s update, although both devices will be able to access the Spotify service soon.
Speaking of being out of luck, if you’re not a premium subscriber to the Spotify service, then you can just imagine you didn’t read any of this as, just like the TiVo application, the only way you can use the service is if you’re a premium subscriber. If you still aren’t a premium subscriber, Spotify offers free trials to its premium subscriber service, with customers who like what they hear costing only $10 a month. I can tell you from personal experience, it’s well worth the $10/month as I use it on a daily, often hourly basis.
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-03-28: Roku CEO Calls The Apple TV A "Money Loser" For Apple
- 2014-03-27: Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI Version) Now Shipping For $49.99
- 2014-03-27: Spotify IPO Expected This Fall
- 2014-03-25: Spotify Premium Is Now 50% Cheaper For US College Students
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-23: Apple Spotify Rival Release Possible [Report]