If you are a huge fan of Starcraft 2, then you will be pleased to hear that Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm’s beta patch 2.02 has just been made available to the curious masses to give it a go. This beta patch will enable you to try out the numerous new Groups feature for the first time, not to mention having it accompany along with a swath of balance changes, UI alterations, and Editor updates among others.
Just to get a better idea of what the Groups feature is all about – this particular feature will be able to support a “casual clan” mentality, where friends and associates are able to hang out and have a tete-a-tete in a virtual environment, not to mention post news and catch up on one another. I guess you can more or less align this with the Platoon feature that is found in Battlefield 3, assuming you have played that game in the past. Go on now, give Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm beta patch 2.02 a go and tell us how it went.
- 2014-04-11: Study Uses StarCraft 2 To Prove The Effects Of Aging
- 2014-01-21: Patch 2.1 For StarCraft 2 Unlocks Custom Maps For Starter Edition Owners
- 2013-08-08: Blizzard WCS App Announced, Lets You Stream StarCraft 2 Matches On The Go
- 2013-07-30: StarCraft 2 2.0.10 Patch Adds eSport Features And Color Blind Mode
- 2013-07-29: Watch StarCraft 2 Played From A Professional's Perspective
- 2013-03-22: StarCraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm Sells 1.1 Million Copies In 48 Hours
- 2013-03-12: StarCraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm Has Gone Live!
- 2013-02-26: Another Starcraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm Trailer Appears
- 2013-01-22: StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Revealed
- 2012-12-24: Blizzard expands Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm beta to pre-purchasers