Blizzard’s original Starcraft turned out to be a pretty competitive game, so it’s no surprise that its successor followed in its footsteps as well. However not everyone is good at playing RTS games, and come Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, Blizzard is hoping to change that by introducing a training area which is said to help players transition into more competitive games. This will come in the of a training arena where players will play against computer opponents while receiving tips on how to improve their game. The matches are said to increase with difficulty, and once players successfully complete this training area, they will be able to play against the AI in an unranked match.
In an interview with PCGamesN, Blizzard’s president Mike Morhaime revealed:
“We want to make the game more accessible to players that aren’t necessarily ready to jump into a highly competitive scene,” Morhaime said. “A lot of people do feel intimidated, at least at first, in playing in ranked play. Unranked matches are a big step in that direction. But, even before that, a lot of players never make the transition from the campaign to matchmaking — to playing against people they don’t know.
[The game] scripts out some basic builds for you so … you’re not building, willy nilly. It gives you more of a safe build to start with. It’s there to make people more familiar with the tech tree, because there are differences between the tech tree in campaign and multiplayer.”
Next Story: Could Instagram be a Nokia Lumia exclusive?
- 2014-04-17: Swedish Politicians Compete In A StarCraft 2 Tournament Against Each Other
- 2014-04-11: Study Uses StarCraft 2 To Prove The Effects Of Aging
- 2014-01-21: Patch 2.1 For StarCraft 2 Unlocks Custom Maps For Starter Edition Owners
- 2013-08-08: Blizzard WCS App Announced, Lets You Stream StarCraft 2 Matches On The Go
- 2013-07-30: StarCraft 2 2.0.10 Patch Adds eSport Features And Color Blind Mode
- 2013-03-22: StarCraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm Sells 1.1 Million Copies In 48 Hours
- 2013-03-12: StarCraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm Has Gone Live!
- 2013-02-26: Another Starcraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm Trailer Appears
- 2013-01-22: StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Revealed
- 2012-12-24: Blizzard expands Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm beta to pre-purchasers