Time Warner Cable may not be the cream of the crop in terms of watching Netflix on, but the company has announced it will be boosting its download speeds to its Standard Internet customers by 50% at no additional cost.
The boost will take Time Warner Cable’s Standard Internet customers from a download speed of 10mbps to an acceptable boost of 15mbps. Standard Internet customers who want to experience the boost in there download speed immediately are encouraged to reset their modem by either pressing the “Reset” button on the device or by unplugging the power to their modem for ten seconds, then plugging the power back in. Otherwise, you can just sit around, eating your pretzel sticks and getting your speed boost eventually when its rolled out to your neighborhood.
What makes this news most impressive is the fact Time Warner Cable announced this boost without charging customers an additional fee to receive it. Seeing how the company decided to charge their users a lease fee for its modem, it’s about time they started doing something nice for their customers without charging them.
Are you a Time Warner Customer who has or hasn’t noticed an increase in your Standard Internet speed? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
- 2014-04-15: Lady Talks Her Way To Free Boob Job Via Website
- 2014-04-08: Gogo 2Ku Next Gen Inflight Internet Technology Announced
- 2014-03-30: Media Regulator Demands Porn Site Age Check Law Prior To Access
- 2014-02-14: Navitime Japan Helps You Hunt Down Free Wi-Fi
- 2014-02-13: Google Looks At 10Gbps Internet Connections
- 2013-03-06: FreedomPop Sets To Upset ISPs By Offering Free Broadband Internet
- 2011-11-07: Time Warner Cable users experience outage